Wednesday, December 16, 2009

S there any olive oil that is tasteless or near tasteless but still has the same good properties?

I have high cholesterol and would like to change from vegetable to olive oilS there any olive oil that is tasteless or near tasteless but still has the same good properties?
Vegetable oils (corn, canola, peanut, olive) contain NO cholesterol whatsoever, but the do ALL contain 14 grams of FAT per tablespoon. Cholesterol is also MADE by the body. You might want to talk to your doctor and see if you're a candidate for a triglyceride lowering medication, such as gemfibrozil (Lopid). If high cholesterol runs in your family, you can do a lot to lower it. Cutting out fatty foods and meats, dairy, cheese etc. will drop your cholesterol significantly....However, I would again suggest that you talk with your doctor about lowering your cholesterol. Ask him/her what your last TOTAL cholesterol count was, and what your HDL and LDL levels were, and have the differences of the two lipids explained to you......





Christopher K.S there any olive oil that is tasteless or near tasteless but still has the same good properties?
Funny you should ask! I just found one I like very much and it is cheap! It is the ';Great Value'; (Wal-Mart brand) light tasting olive oil. It is really very good. I was skeptical about buying a generic olive oil, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Go with a lighter olive oil, not extra virgin. However, if you cook with it, and not using it for salads, the heat destroys much of the flavor.
I use any of the ';light tasting'; varieties... Bertolli, even Crisco has one out now. I'm like you, I want the health advantage of olive oil, but am not real crazy about the stronger flavor of EVOO.
Why not just use corn or vegetable oil- like olive oil, it has no saturated fats
';Extra Light'; olive oil is ';extra light'; in taste. I use it for everything!
  • new myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment