Friday, December 18, 2009

What is a good Illuminating cosmetic powder that has no oil absorbing properties?

I have very dry skin and it is often flaky skin due to hypothyroidism. I just purchased a tinted moisturizer to use instead of foundation but I want some kind of illuminating powder to finish the look. It needs to be free of any kind of oil absorbing ingredients such as talc, silica etc. The last thing I need is something that absorbs the only moisture that I have in my skin. This has proven difficult to find. I also have very sensitive skin and I can break out easily with the wrong product. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks





By the way not to be rude but Please don't tell me that I need to exfoliate and/or use good moisturizer and primer. I do exfoliate and use high quality moisturizer and skin prep primer. My medical condition just puts limits on what these things do for me.What is a good Illuminating cosmetic powder that has no oil absorbing properties?
i know this isn't probably the answer you want to hear, but any powder that you wear will make your skin dryer. this is because powder is used to absorb oil. if you still want to use powder, maybe try a transparent powder. these are great as they go on transparent, they set your makeup, and don't give you that powdery or cakey look. two transparent powders i have found that work are from laura mercier/mac. i'm sure something from the drugstore would work just as well.





another thing you could do, is buy a setting spray. after i do my makeup ( i have incredibly dry skin ) i use Mac fix's spray. it basically sets my makeup, gives my face a glow, and refreshes it. worth a try :)
  • new myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment