Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Zinc white or titanium white...which white oil paint dries faster and what other properties does it havet?

I need to know what the proerties are of different white artists` oil paints.





Any help appreciated...Thanks.Zinc white or titanium white...which white oil paint dries faster and what other properties does it havet?
It has been my experience that Zinc White is cooler and dries slower than Titanium White. My favorite white is called Permalba. Pretty clean white and dries reasonably faster than the others.Zinc white or titanium white...which white oil paint dries faster and what other properties does it havet?
Titanium white is very opaque.


Zinc white is a little more transparent, although there is no such thing as transparent white.


I prefer zinc white, especially when I mix white to tame transparent colours.
Titanium white is the preffered color of lot of artists. It dries faster is the most neutral. it is not transparent. It mixes well with other colors. Also it is not as poisonous as zinc white.
I don't paint, but used to work in a wallpaper factory. The prefered whitener is titanium, as it gives a more stable white.


I don't know if that helps your question, butu it is something worth considering.
I'm into light blurs and glints in my paintings... I go through a lot of white... I agree. Titanium white dries faster on average. It also retains that ';bright'; look better, in my opinion...
Titanium white dries faster and is the most opaque and brilliant in colour and texture. It is the most popular white, because it is non-toxic. Zinc white is made of zinc oxide. It is transparent, creamy and cool in texture. It dries much slower than titanium white. If you need a paint that dries fast, go for titanium white.
Hi,





It's said that titanium white is more stable and recent studies have shown that zinc may tend to crack.


I use both and also a lead white called Cremnitz (sp ?) from W%26amp;N.


Rembrandt makes a transparent white with very low tinting power. Good for not dulling other colours.


One of the posters mentioned Permalba's white. I've never used it but have read very good things about it. There are artists who work with other brands but will use Permalba's white.





Jos茅

No comments:

Post a Comment