Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What happens to the properties when oil and gas mix?

I need to know what happens to the properties like standard flow ratesWhat happens to the properties when oil and gas mix?
It sounds like you are asking for the physical properties of a solution - since by gas I assume you mean gasoline and by oil I assume you mean petroleum oil.





You can calculate things like boiling point and freezing point of solutions but to my knowledge I am not aware of a way to calculate things like viscosity for a solution.





For a start if I were estimating something like this I would prorate density and viscosity - but I don't think this is rigorous. That's why there are so many tables used in engineering - lot of stuff is empirical.





For example - when I look in my old Mark's handbook, they have charts of oil viscosity vs temperature for various oils. I assume these are based on test data not theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment